VAAL WEDDING DJ always strives to ensure that your function is a great success. In order to avoid any confusion or misunderstandings, the following terms of service have to apply.
1. PLEASE NOTE: Your function date is only confirmed once your deposit has been paid. By paying the deposit you indicate acceptance of VAAL WEDDING DJ’s Terms of Service which includes policies regarding cancellations, payment, and postponement.
2. CANCELLATIONS/POSTPONEMENTS of function: NO deposit will be refunded in the event of cancellation or postponement. The deposit paid is for the date originally booked, and it is NOT transferable to another date. 2.1 If a function is canceled 6 months prior to the confirmed function date, 25% cancellation fee of the total account (as per original quote) is payable. 2.2 If a function is canceled 3 months prior to the confirmed function date, 50% cancelation fee of the total account (as per original quote) is due and payable. 2.3 If a function is canceled 1 month prior to the confirmed function date, 100% cancellation fee of the total account is payable (as per original quote) is due and payable immediately. 2.4 The client must confirm all changes and cancellations in writing.
3. DEPOSIT DUE: A deposit as stated in our quotation is payable and will confirm your function date. The final payment is due 1 week (7 days) prior to the event. If the final payment is not made by the due date, VAAL WEDDING DJ reserves the right to cancel the function.
4. VAAL WEDDING DJ reserves the right to cancel any booking forthwith and without liability on his part in event of any changes or any other cause beyond his control which shall prevent him from performing his obligations. In these circumstances, every effort will be made to find a suitable alternative DJ.
5. VAAL WEDDING DJ will not be held liable for interruptions of services (water, electricity, sanitary services), or any other cause beyond his control that will prevent him from performing his obligations during a function.
6. VAAL WEDDING DJ, it’s employees or any person employed at a function will not accept responsibility and will not be held liable for any loss, damage, or injury to persons or property, of the client or associated with the client due to negligence or any other cause whatsoever. While every precaution will be taken to ensure the safeguarding of your belongings, VAAL WEDDING DJ will not be liable for loss, theft or damage to any property whatsoever (décor, gifts, valuables, etc.).
7. VAAL WEDDING DJ reserves the right to stop any musical arrangements, or cut off the electric power, or even end the proceedings altogether, at any time or for any duration of time or for any reason that may, in his sole discretion, be harmful to the property, staff or guests.
8. The Client undertakes the responsibility for ensuring that VAAL WEDDING DJ are given access to the venue and use of earthed mains electricity supply on their arrival. VAAL WEDDING DJ assume the event venue meets the electrical safety standards to operate the Client’s selected package. In the event of any electrical risks being posed, VAAL WEDDING DJ have the discretion to reduce the size of the Client’s selected package in order to operate safely.
9. VAAL WEDDING DJ will not accept any liability for power cuts which interrupt the service provided, however, will endeavor to co-operate with the venue to try and rectify any problems. If reducing the equipment booked by the Client will overcome power supply problems at the venue then VAAL WEDDING DJ is given full authority to do so without consulting the Client. The Client understands that no compensation or price reduction will be given for power cut issues or for the reduction of equipment due to power supply problems.
10. The Client will be responsible for checking and resolving any limits or restrictions attached to the venue, which could negatively impact on the ability of VAAL WEDDING DJ to carry out their services. This includes devices such as smoke alarms and sound limitation monitors. VAAL WEDDING DJ will not be responsible for any interruption to the service provided due to venue limitations or restrictions, unless VAAL WEDDING DJ were notified about these at least 14 days prior to the event.
11. The Client is responsible to ensure VAAL WEDDING DJ has sufficient time to set up and dismantle their equipment based on the package booked. VAAL WEDDING DJ will not accept any liability for insufficient setup or dismantle time that results in either the booked package not being set up prior to the event or any additional charges for a late exit of the venue. VAAL WEDDING DJ can provide an estimate set up and dismantle time for the Client to plan accordingly.
12. If the Client invites any additional artist(s) (independent of VAAL WEDDING DJ) to perform at their event, the Client must inform VAAL WEDDING DJ as to the identity of the artists (and contact details) and whether they require any technical requirements to execute their performance at least 7 days before the date of the event. The Client’s failure to do this may result in VAAL WEDDING DJ not being in a position to cooperate with the additional artist(s).
13. From time to time Vaal Wedding DJ, or a member of their crew, may take photographs and/or Video of the performance. These photographs and/or Video may include individuals attending the event. If you do not wish for photographs and/or Video to be taken or used publicly such as on the Vaal Wedding DJ websites or other advertising media, please notify Vaal Wedding DJ in writing.